The history of Shimla district begins with the Pahonia states of Shimla, with Bushahr being the largest and Rajesh (2 square miles) being the smallest. The castle is located in the following mountains:

Basan Basan Estate was established during the Sirmaur Estate period. Alak Singh established Sirmaur Estate before 1805. During the Gorkha invasion in 1805, it became a jagir of Kumar Men and was ruled by Raj Singh. Jogrāj Singh gave assistance to the British government in the Gorkha war and handed over the Nagam Durg Aftarni. Shashak Singh was given independent certificate in 1815. Balasan Estate supported the British government during the 1857 rebellion and many European citizens sought refuge here. The British government awarded Jograj, the ruler of Balasan, the title of “Khilat” and “Rana” in 1558. Balman Estate was the 11th in the Shimla hill states, and the last Rana Rana Bhadur Singh belonged to Balan Estate. “History of Balasan State” is a book written by him. Currently, it is part of the Thiyog tehsil. Bhargi Dhani Estate was established by Kuttalihar Estate descendants, who later changed their name to Udayapali.

Charuki Sohanpal of the 29th Pauris established the city of Sunnī and made it the capital of the Bhundi Estate. The Gorkhas occupied the Sunni Estate from 1803 to 1815. After removing the Gorkhas in 1815, the British government granted a permanent certificate to Rana Rukhpal. Rana Rudrapal went to Harishram in 1842. Rana Ramchandra Pal was the last ruler of Jira. Pandi was merged into Mahamu tehsil in 1948 (H.P.). Currently, it is part of the Dharti Sunni tehsil. Koti Estate was established by Bandar, the brother of Parān Chak of Kutlehar Estate. Koti was the capital of Koti Estate, which was later renamed as Tarachand. The Gorkhas captured Koti Estate in 1809. In 1815, the estate became a jagir and remained so until 1890 under the rule of Thakur. In 1948, it became part of the Yatri Suba (Mahasu district) (H.P.). Paroch Paroch Estate was established by Rajkumar Kishan Singh of the Sisodia dynasty of Udaipur, which was obtained from the Sirmaur Estate. Thakur Karam Singh was the ruler during the Gorkha invasion in 1815, and the British government seated Raja Ranjit Singh on the throne by removing their control in Dharoch in 1843. Raja Rudrapal went to reside in Harishram in 1842. The last ruler of Paroch Estate, Thakur Surat Singh, was granted the title of ‘Rana’. Paroch Estate merged into Chopal on April 15, 1948 (Mahasu district) (H.P.).

Badhi Khadi Estate was also a branch of Paroch Estate, which later came under the control of Bushahr. It was given to Chatri Ravinagar during the Gorkha invasion. In 1896, Ravinagar and Badi were made jagirs of Umrat Rimamat. In 1948, Badi became part of Subath Sami (Mahasu district) (H.P.). Kumar Sen Kumar Sen Estate was established by Kirat Chand (Singh) who came from Gaya (Bihar). He defeated Raja Maan Singh of Kullu and captured the castles of ‘Nari’ and ‘Shangri’. During the Gorkha invasion, Kumar Sen was a jagir of Bushahr. Rana Kehar Singh of Kumar Sangh sought refuge in the Kullu Estate during the Gorkha invasion. Rana Pritam Chand helped the British government in the siege of Shrigadh fort. Rana Vidhyaya Singh was the last ruler of Kumar Sen Estate. Kumar Men became part of Mahasu district on April 15, 1948.

Khati-Khneti Estate was established by Sakhi Chand, the son of Kirat Bandh. The estate of Khneti became independent under the rule of Thakur in 1890. Belath Delath Estate was established by Prithvi Singh, the brother of Kirat Bandh. It was also a jagir of Bushahr Estate from 1815. On April 15, 1948, it became part of Rampur Bushahr tehsil (H.P.). Dhāmi Dhāmi Estate was established by Manshan Govind Pal, the son of Prithviraj Chauhan, who came from Rajpura (Patiala). Raja Raj Singh of Dhāmi began using ‘Singh’ instead of ‘Pal’ in the title. Dhāmi was a jagir of the Bilaspur (Kahlur) Estate before the Gorkha invasion (1805). From 1505 to 1815, the Gorkhas ruled Dhāmi. During the Anglo-Gorkha War (1815), Rana Goverdhan of Dhāmi supported the British and was subsequently given an independent certificate. Rana Govardhan Singh helped the British government during the 1857 rebellion and in return, he was given the title of Rana. The Dhami Estate became part of Mahasu district on April 15, 1948.

These are the historical accounts of various estates and their establishment in the Shimla district.”

 

 

 

In enim justo, rhoncus ut, imperdiet a, venenatis vitae, justo. Nullam dictum felis eu pede mollis pretium. Integer tincidunt. Cras dapibus. Vivamus elementum semper nisi. Aenean vulputate eleifend tellus. Aenean leo ligula.

 

— SUBSCIBE NOW

Receive News and Offers